This week saw the end of our block of Tag Rugby lessons with Tony. All pupils have developed their skills so much over the six weeks and have taken to the sport so naturally. 👏🏻
This somewhat milder version of the Rugby sport allows all pupils to feel the exhilaration of the sport without fear, as rougher tackles are replaced by ‘touches’ or ‘tags’. Players only need to tag their opponents to indicate that they have been ‘tackled.
Tag Rugby introduces children to the benefits of the sport of Rugby and offers the following benefits:
- A teamwork game that develops positive values.
- Honesty is encouraged as players admit they have been tagged.
- It develops a sense of achievement.
- It encourages the development of bone and muscle strength
- It improves spatial awareness and body coordination
- There is an element of problem solving and tactics therefore it improves mental agility.
We will definitely be continuing with this great game here in Caherdaniel NS !!