Our senior classroom participated in Peace Proms during Spring term. It involved two trips to University of Limerick for a workshop & performance day 🎤🎶🎼! It was an amazing experience which we will remember forever.
Peace Proms engages children and young people in music and enriches their lives through exceptional musical experiences and performances. It celebrates culture and diversity and promotes peace, unity and tolerance through music.
Peace Proms is for everyone. Whether your choir is established or starting out, Peace Proms gives your choir the once in a lifetime opportunity to:
· Sing with a choir of up to 3,000 children
· Perform with a full symphony youth orchestra
· Work with one of the UK’s leading professional conductors – Greg Beardsell, Perform at top venues e.g. the Echo Arena Liverpool, the RDS Dublin, the SSE Arena Belfast, the Hub Kilkenny and the Kingfisher Hall Galway.
· Develop vocal technique, presentation and performance
· Experience a variety of musical styles and genres
· The musical programme is tailor made to ensure it is fun and engaging for children, fulfills important educational requirements, is very rewarding to teach, and the end performance is an inspirational and thrilling experience for choirs, teachers, parents and audiences alike!
The Cross Border Orchestra (CBOI) was established in 1995 as a peace initiative and is composed of over 100 exceptionally talented young musicians from all over Ireland and Northern Ireland. Over the past 21 years, the CBOI has played an important role in building and nurturing vital cross border and cross community relations. The CBOI is conducted by one of the UK’s most celebrated and outstanding young conductors, Mr. Greg Beardsell.